No More playing in the Playground alone.

A Day in the Life of an Ambulance Driver (I have no idea what I'm doing and the fact that the words are blue is amazing in itself) is a paramedic blog that I've recently started reading, and enjoying. I was asked to do this:

"share five off the wall, strange, unusual or just little-known facts about yourself. Then you "tag" five other bloggers who are supposed to do the same thing."

Since I like these stories to be about my life as a paramedic, I'll share five things about myself at work. And one that’s completely irrelevant.

1) The only call I almost ever cried on was when a beautiful Husky pup was hit on the highway. I immobilized its spine and put it on a backboard. I started an IV and seriously debated calling the hospital for an order of fentanyl. But, I know there's got to be some federal law forbidding giving narcotics to animals, so I just petted it on the side of the highway until animal control arrived.

2) I have peed on the scene of an Emergency call. "Ma'am, I'm really sorry, and this is going to sound weird, but may I use you're bathroom?"

3) I've been scared for my life on a call. Really scared. Guns out of police holsters scared. (That story is to come).

4) I don't like driving "lights and sirens".

5) I have a trained seeing-eye-dog with cataracts.

Comments

You got an IV on an injured puppy? Wow man, you're goooooood.

And as far as using the bathroom at a patient's house, I know what you mean. Check it out:

http://ambulancedriverfiles.blogspot.com/2007/01/musings-on-time-death-and-toilets.html
Anonymous said…
While waiting on a lift assist several years ago in a patient's house, I left my partner and dealt with the recently consumed "taco MF express" that was making me pale and sweaty. Fortunately the code-10 lift arrived before the husband noticed the stench.
-dghokie0139

Popular Posts